VIP Pet Care was tailor made for kennel purposes, including in-floor heating and a special ventilation system. We have separate areas for large and small dogs and cats. We also have a grooming room, U-Bath stalls and a daycare area.
Each large kennel is 4X8 feet on the inside with privacy walls and has a 4X12 individual outdoor run attached. We let the large dogs out into social groups into our one acre yard that has been divided into 5 separate yards for playtime, socialization, and physical activity. Each kennel has an attached outside run that is 4X12. The small kennels come in two sizes, 4X6 feet and 4X4 feet and are located separately from the large dogs. We let the small dogs out into social groups into an indoor/outdoor play area for their own playtime and socialization.
The cattery is separate from all the dogs and filled with climbing posts and a view out the front window. The cats are separated into their own multi-level kennel until they are ready to socialize with the other cats (which, ranges from a few minutes to a few days). Generally the majority of cats do eventually get along together, but if not, they are separated into kennels and take turns having the run of the room!
Check out pictures of our facility.
Check In and Out Times
Just like any hotel, we require sufficient time for kennels to be vacated and made up for the next guest. Therefore there are designated check in and check out times, which are as follows:
||2:30 pm - 7:30 pm
||Monday - Friday
||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
||Saturday and Sunday
||6:30 am - 10:30 am
||Monday - Friday
||8:00 am - 11:00 am
||Saturday and Sunday
|*Please Note that we are more than willing to accommodate anyone who needs an early check in or late check out, however there is a $15 fee for either of these services.
What to Bring
- Proof of up-to-date vaccinations including: rabies (given every 3 years), booster (given every year), and we recommend bordetella/kennel cough vaccination (it is not required but you will need to sign a vaccination waiver). Bringing us a copy that we can keep for our records is preferred, but not required.
- Food - we recommend you bring your own food for your dog to prevent diarrhea at the kennel and when they return home from their visit. If food is not provided there is a $2.00 charge per meal per dog.
We also recommend that you consider upping your dog’s amount of food during their stay, especially if it is over a one week stay. The dogs get a huge amount of exercise and activity during the day and will burn a lot more calories than they would on a regular basis. The increase in the amount of food will depend on your dog’s size, age, activity level and usual eating habits (for example a small dog may only need a ¼ cup added to each meal, while a larger more active breed may need another cup or more added to each meal). This is only a recommendation from VIP Pet Care, this is not a requirement. However, some dogs may benefit from maintaining their current food intake and increase in exercise and will be able to shed a few extra pounds. If you have any further inquiries about how much you should feed your pet, your vet will be able to help you.
What Not to Bring
- toys (for safety reasons, please leave all toys at home)
- collar- At VIP Pet Care we feel that safety is very important. It is mandatory for all dogs at VIP to wear the keepsafe collar. We will provide your dog a keepsafe collar for their boarding stay that we will remove when your dog goes home. However, if you wish to purchase the keepsafe collar your dog wore during their stay you can purchase that collar. For more information about the keepsafe collar please visit www.keepsafecollar.com.
- bedding: kennel, bed, or blanket (Not required, but if your pet usually sleeps on a particular bed, blanket, or in a kennel owners are permitted to bring said bedding. If not, VIP is fully equipped with beds and blankets for your pet. If they chew their bedding please alert staff of this behaviour.) Please note: any bedding brought and left at the facility is at the owner's risk.
What You Can Bring, But Don't Have To
It is easiest if only the minimum is brought to the kennel to minimize loss or damage of your personal belongings and in order to ensure the return of all personal items at checkout.
- In a social atmosphere your dog will come in contact with various viruses and parasites. It is very important to keep your dog up to date with monthly lice, tick and flea treatments. Keeping up with your annual vet visits will keep your pet happy and healthy.
- keep your pet on a leash or in a crate at all times while entering or exiting the building
- leave your pet in the car for check in
- take your leash home
- bring the required forms filled in
- check in takes approximately 5 - 20 minutes, so allot time for it
- take your pet for a walk before you bring them into the facility to avoid any messes during check in
- expect your pet to be tired for 1 - 3 days after you pick them up. This is normal. They get a lot of exercise and mental stimulation here at the kennel which is different than being at home for the day.
- it is common for pets to lose weight during their stay: it is a stimulating environment where playtime burns a lot of calories! If your pet is staying with us for longer than 3 nights, you may want to consider increasing your pets food intake (especially if they are nervous/high metabolism or high energy). However, each dog is unique and we will accommodate any feeding instructions requested. This may also be a topic you would like to discuss with your vet prior to your pets' stay.
Bathroom break! At 6:00 a.m. everyone gets let out for some relief, then back inside for some breakfast. In the large area everyone will be let out in rotations of social groups for playtime in the yards. In the small area everyone is let out for playtime in rotations.
The afternoon is filled with more rotations in the large dog area and everyone is let back out in the small area after naptime in rotations. At suppertime everyone is separated into their own kennels for supper before being let out again for some night time fun before bed at 8:30.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
6:30 - 10:30 a.m.
2:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Closed on all Statuatory Holidays for Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs
After hours and holiday pickup or drop offs, in most cases, can be scheduled for an additional fee.
The following prices apply per kennel:
- 1 dog $30/night
- 2 dogs $45/night
- 3 dogs $60/night
- 1 cat $20/night
- 2 cats $30/night
- 3 cats $40/night
Please note that peak season rates for 2016 will be Dec 22-Jan 3. For 2017 the peak season rates will run Feb 17-27, April 13-24, June 29-Sept 5, Dec 22-Jan 3.
Please note that we will have modified hours Dec 26, 2016: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Please note that we will be CLOSED to the public on Monday Dec 26 2016, Monday Jan 2 2017, and June 30 2017 to observe the statutory holidays
The following prices apply per kennel:
- 1 dog $35/night
- 2 dogs $50/night
- 3 dogs $65/night
- 1 cat $25/night
- 2 cats $35/night
- 3 cats $45/night
*Late Check Out: $15 for pick-ups made after 10:30 am Monday - Friday and after 11:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays
*Early Check In: $15 for drop-offs made before 2:30 pm Monday - Friday and before 2:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays
*Special Diets (anything outside of kibble): $2/meal
*Feed Separate: $2/meal (2+ dogs boarding in the same kennel that require to be fed separately)
*Requested Single: $5 (If you request for your dog to be alone or if they are a safety risk in social groups there is an additional fee per day for exercise)
There are no refunds for the services provided. Prices are subject to change. We accept Cash, Debit, Visa and Mastercard. We do not accept cheques.
Note: A credit card number is required for all Christmas bookings and there is a $50 cancellation fee for any cancelled Christmas bookings. There is also a 4 night minimum stay between December 22 - 28.
Note: There is no minimum night stay, cancellation fee, or need for a credit card for any summer bookings.
Although the kennel attendants are here looking after your pets, the office is closed on all major holidays for pick-ups and drop-offs. These holiday days include New Year's Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Saskatchewan Day (1st Monday in August), Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day and Christmas Day. After hours' pickup or drop off in most cases can be scheduled for an additional $35 fee for 1 dog or cat, $45 for 2 dogs or cats, and $55 for 3 dogs or cats.
Forms to Fill Out
Please print off the following forms and fill them out before dropping off your pet. You will also need to bring your proof of up-to-date vaccinations.