VIP Pet Care was tailor made for kennel purposes, including in-floor heating and a special ventilation system. We have separate areas for large and small dogs and cats. We also have a grooming room, U-Bath stalls and a daycare area.
We have eighty-seven large kennels and forty small kennels. Each large kennel is 4X8 feet on the inside with privacy walls and has a 4X12 individual outdoor run attached. We let the large dogs out into social groups into our one acre yard that can be used as one large yard or divided into two smaller ones. If it is not their turn outside they still have access to the outdoors in their outside runs (weather permitting) which are 4X12 in size. The small kennels come in two sizes, 4X6 feet and 4X4 feet and are all in one room with adjacent outside access. We also let the small dogs out into social groups into the same room as their kennels are in, which has access to the small yard and is spacious for play and activity.
The cattery is separate from all the dogs and filled with climbing posts and a view out the front window. The cats are separated into their own multi-level kennel until they are ready to socialize with the other cats (which, ranges from a few minutes to a few days). Generally the majority of cats do eventually get along together, but if not, they are separated into kennels for their stay.
Check out pictures of our facility.
Check In and Out Times
Just like any hotel, we require sufficient time for kennels to be vacated and made up for the next guest. Therefore there are designated check in and check out times, which are as follows:
||2:30 pm - 7:30 pm
||Monday - Friday
||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
||Saturday and Sunday
||6:30 am - 10:30 am
||Monday - Friday
||8:00 am - 11:00 am
||Saturday and Sunday
|*Please Note that we are more than willing to accommodate anyone who needs an early check in or late check out, however there is a $15 fee for either of these services.
What to Bring
- Proof of up-to-date vaccinations including: rabies (given every 3 years), booster (given every year), and we recommend bordetella/kennel cough vaccination (it is not required but you will need to sign a vaccination waiver). Bringing us a copy that we can keep for our records is preferred, but not required.
- Food - we recommend you bring your own food for your dog to prevent diarrhea at the kennel and when they return home from their visit. If food is not provided there is a $2.00 charge per meal per dog.
We also recommend that you consider upping your dog’s amount of food during their stay, especially if it is over a one week stay. The dogs get a huge amount of exercise and activity during the day and will burn a lot more calories than they would on a regular basis. The increase in the amount of food will depend on your dog’s size, age, activity level and usual eating habits (for example a small dog may only need a ¼ cup added to each meal, while a larger more active breed may need another cup or more added to each meal). This is only a recommendation from VIP Pet Care, this is not a requirement. However, some dogs may benefit from maintaining their current food intake and increase in exercise and will be able to shed a few extra pounds. If you have any further inquiries about how much you should feed your pet, your vet will be able to help you.
What Not to Bring
- toys (we cannot guarantee the toy will be returned) (we also have toys that can be put in kennels upon request)
- collar- At VIP Pet Care we feel that safety is very important. We have decided that it is mandatory for all dogs at VIP to wear the keepsafe collar. The keepsafe collar is fully functional for everyday use, but has a safety release clasp to avoid accidental strangulation. The safety release clasp will snap off if your dog's collar ever becomes entangled on anything, including trees, bushes, heating vents, or on another dog. Due to the social environment we feel that it is for the best for everyone to be wearing the keepsafe collars. We will provide your dog a black keepsafe collar for their stay which we will remove when your dog goes home. However, if you wish to purchase the keepsafe collar your dog wore during their stay you can purchase that collar. Extra small and small collars are $12.00 and medium and large are $15.00. For more information about the keepsafe collar please visit www.keepsafecollar.com.
- bedding: kennel, bed, or blanket (Not required, but if your pet usually sleeps on a particular bed, blanket, or in a kennel owners are permitted to bring said bedding. If not, VIP is fully equipped with beds and blankets for your pet. If they chew their bedding please alert staff of this behaviour. )
What You Can Bring, But Don't Have To
- treats (if you bring treats they are only given at meal times, otherwise we give them some of our milk bones)
It is easiest if only the minimum is brought to the kennel to minimize loss or damage of your personal belongings and in order to ensure the return of all personal items at checkout.
- In a social atmosphere your dog will come in contact with various viruses and parasites. It is very important to keep your dog up to date with monthly lice, tick and flea treatments. Keeping up with your annual vet visits will keep your pet happy and healthy.
- keep your pet on a leash or in a crate at all times while entering or exiting the building
- leave your pet in the car for check in
- take your leash home
- bring the required forms filled in
- check in takes approximately 5 - 20 minutes, so allot time for it
- take your pet for a walk before you bring them into the facility to avoid any messes during check in
- expect your pet to be tired for 1 - 3 days after you pick them up. This is normal. They get a lot of exercise and mental stimulation here at the kennel which is different than being at home for the day.
Bathroom break! At 6:00 a.m. everyone gets let out for some relief, then back inside for some breakfast. In the large area everyone will be let out in rotations of social groups for playtime in the yards. In the small area everyone is let out for playtime in rotations.
Lunch! At around 11:30 it is break time. Everyone is separated into their own kennel for a break. Some of the daycare dogs get lunch at this time if specified by the owner. Everyone gets a chance to catch up on those Zzz’s.
The afternoon is filled with more rotations in the large dog area and everyone is let back out in the small area after naptime in rotations. At suppertime everyone is separated into their own kennels for supper before being let out again for some night time fun before bed at 8:00.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
6:30 - 10:30 a.m.
2:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Closed on all Statuatory Holidays for Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs
After hours and holiday pickup or drop offs, in most cases, can be scheduled for an additional fee.
Please note that peak season rates run between July long weekend - September long weekend as well as Dec 21st - Jan 3rd of each calendar year.
Please note we will have modified hours December 24, 26, 31: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
The following prices apply per kennel:
- 1 dog $35/night
- 2 dogs $50/night
- 3 dogs $65/night
- 1 cat $30/night
- 2 cats $40/night
- 3 cats $50/night
The following prices apply per kennel:
- 1 dog $30/night
- 2 dogs $45/night
- 3 dogs $60/night
- 1 cat $25/night
- 2 cats $35/night
- 3 cats $45/night
*Late Check Out: $15 for pick-ups made after 10:30 am Monday - Friday and after 11:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays
*Early Check In: $15 for drop-offs made before 2:30 pm Monday - Friday and before 2:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays
*Special Diets (anything outside of kibble): $2/meal
*Feed Separate: $2/meal (2+ dogs boarding in the same kennel that require to be fed separately)
*Requested Single: $5 (If you request for your dog to be alone or if they are a safety risk in social groups there is an additional fee per day for exercise)
There are no refunds for the services provided. Prices are subject to change. We accept Cash, Debit, Visa and Mastercard. We do not accept cheques.
Note: A credit card number is required for all Christmas bookings and there is a $50 cancellation fee for any cancelled Christmas bookings. There is also a 4 night minimum stay between December 22 - 28.
Note: There is no minimum night stay, cancellation fee, or need for a credit card for any summer bookings.
Although the kennel attendants are here looking after your pets, the office is closed on all major holidays for pick-ups and drop-offs. These holiday days include New Year's Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Saskatchewan Day (1st Monday in August), Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day and Christmas Day. After hours' pickup or drop off in most cases can be scheduled for an additional $35 fee for 1 dog or cat, $45 for 2 dogs or cats, and $55 for 3 dogs or cats.
Forms to Fill Out
Please print off the following forms and fill them out before dropping off your pet. You will also need to bring your proof of up-to-date vaccinations.